Wednesday’s Bay Area nature news, right here for you!
- Oakland Zoo to take in lead-poisoned California condors for recovery. [Oakland North]
- Watch out for “sneaker waves,” which are causing deaths along the Northern California shoreline. [Huffington Post]
- Center for Biological Diversity sues state over fracking laws that don’t companies to say how much water, kinds of chemicals using. [Huffington Post]
- What to do with discarded redwood logs? Create habitat for threatened salmon and trout. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Water agencies join enviros in calling for scaled down tunnel plan for the Delta. [Sacramento Bee]
- Oakland’s Lake Merritt dog park debate seemingly resolved with new location at Snow Park. [Oakland Tribune]
- Little rain means Sierra snowpack level drops from 140 percent last month to 93 percent. [San Jose Mercury News]