Your Wednesday’s Bay Area nature news!
- Sonoma County gets a new park, the largest in decades, at Taylor Mountain. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Listing great white sharks as endangered could mean stricter regulations on coal fired power plants. [San Jose Mercury News]
- Fox News says SF’s plastic bag ban kills 5.5 people a year. [SF Appeal]
- People are dumping their pets at Tilden’s Little Farm and other locations in park. [Berkeleyside]
- A 62-year-old albatross — oldest known bird alive — hatched a chick this week. [San Jose Mercury News]
- People still hang dead coyotes from fences to show “the only good predator is a dead one.” [KQED Quest]
- Sacramento’s tree canopy listed among Top 10 urban forests. [Sacramento Bee]