Time for Wednesday’s Bay Area nature news digest:
- Are West Coast pot farms poisoning spotted owls? [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Daly City plan would protect against flooding and divert more water to Lake Merced. [San Francisco Examiner]
- Novato neighbors against 1- acre solar farm proposal at 20+ acre nursery because of enviro, visual concerns. [Marin Independent Journal]
- Apparently it’s not so hard to loot state parks’ parking pay stations. [Marin Independent Journal]
- Local government group comes out against Gov. Brown’s two tunnel water diversion proposal for Delta. [Sacramento Bee]
- Study to see if chinook salmon can smell their home waters even if they are hatchery raised. [Contra Costa Times]
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.