Good morning, Monday! Get your Bay Area nature news right here:
- Ferocious wildfires in West fueled by global warming. [Huffington Post]
- In summer heat, West Nile virus-carrying mosquitoes more active than usual. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Groups seeking to list great whites as endangered say feds made faulty review in denying the request. [Huffington Post]
- Muir Beach closes today through November to parking, but can still access by foot. [Marin Independent Journal]
- Congregation of whales along SF Bay prompts call for cargo ships to slow to half speed. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Study shows Bolinas’ Swainson’s thrushes overwinter in Mexico, info that will help conservation efforts. [Marin Independent Journal]
- Marin should prioritize habitat preservation over fire breaks, consultant says. [Marin Independent Journal]
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.