Serving up your Bay Area nature news digest:
- Endangered fin whale youngster died near Stinson Beach from undetermined trauma injury. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Enviros dead set against effort to ease creekside development regulations in Marin. [Marin IJ]
- Marin supes declare support for moratorium on fracking. [Marin IJ]
- Plan Bay Area beset with lawsuits. [Marin IJ]
- Lyme disease, transmitted by ticks, is 10 times more common than goes reported. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- No camping at Albany Bulb enforced this fall as city grapples to end homelessness in transfer to East Bay Parks. [Inside Bay Area]
- Clear Lake showing definite signs of warming as climate change heats up NorCal. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Snow and rainfall in northern Sierras last winter lowest since 1920. [San Jose Mercury News]
- Delta pumping and low rainfall has put San Luis Reservoir at lowest levels since last major drought in 1989. [San Jose Mercury News]
- Mount Diablo State Park has a bike-car problem it’s hoping to solve with new safety signs/rules. [Contra Costa Times]
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.