Serving up your Bay Area nature news:
- Muir Woods looking into a reservation system for parking. [Marin Independent Journal]
- Mount Diablo fire 45 percent contained, not showing active behavior. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- San Leandro loosens rules on backyard chickens but restricts beekeeping. [Bay Area News Group]
- Hundreds of young coho salmon discovered in tributary of Russian River. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Another problem with NorCal pot farms: extensive use of rodenticide. [Sacramento Bee]
- As Rim Fire ends, scientists looking to begin restoration effort and protect waterways from erosion and flooding. [Huffington Post]
- Rodeo Beach parking lot to be transformed into a wetland. [Marin Independent Journal]
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.