Bay Nature Local Hero Awardees
Each year, Bay Nature honors three Bay Area based conservation leaders for their outstanding contributions to the people and the natural world of our region.
Here’s a list of previous years’ Local Hero Award winners, with the category of award they received:
- Environmental Education: Liam O’Brien, Lepidopterist/Activist/Illustrator
- Conservation Action: Craig Anderson, Executive Director, LandPaths
- Youth Engagement: Cheyanna Washburn, Youth Programs Assistant, John Muir National Historic Site
- Environmental Education: Mia Monroe, Ranger/Site Supervisor, Golden Gate National Parks
- Conservation Action: Seth Adams, Director of Land Programs, Save Mount Diablo
- Youth Engagement: Cindy Moreno, Garden-Based Educator, Full Circle Farm
- Conservation Action: Ellie Cohen, President & CEO of PRBO Conservation Science
- Environmental Education: Robin Grossinger, Director & Senior Scientist of the Historical Ecology Program, San Francisco Estuary Institute
- Youth Engagement: Sean FitzHoward, Founder, Protect the Bay Club, Lowell High School
- Environmental Journalism: Harold Gilliam
- Conservation Advocacy: L. Martin Griffin, Jr.
- Environmental Education: Doris Sloan