- Describe the role of the scientific method in understanding natural history.
- Relate knowledge of natural history to becoming a naturalist and an environmental steward.
- Integrate knowledge about the interconnectedness of abiotic and biotic factors (including human) and their influence on the natural history of the Point Reyes National Seashore.
- Demonstrate skills in making and recording observations in a field notebook.
- Apply knowledge of the Point Reyes Peninsula ecosystem to local and global environmental issues.
- Understand and communicate the role of citizen science in informing the natural resources management decision making processes.
Bay Nature's events calendar has events from nature organizations all over the Bay Area. Find guided Bay Area hiking, learn about Bay Area wildlife, and more. Learn about our In the Field outings. Or submit your own event.