March 7-8, 10am to 4pm
Join the UC Santa Cruz Arboretum for Hummingbird Days, the central coast’s premier family-oriented educational event celebrating the return of one of nature’s vibrant aerial acrobats, the Allen’s Hummingbird.
Nature lovers of all ages will experience and learn about these amazing birds and the gardens that host and support Hummingbirds. Visitors can participate in a variety of nature and outdoor activities focused on these amazing creatures including:
* Guided tours along the Hummingbird Trail for adults and kids
* An array of crafts and interactive activities for kids
* Classes on photographing Hummingbirds
* Presentations of Hummingbirds of Ecuador by award winning photographer Dan Suzio (and more)
* Unique souvenirs, plants, books, birdfeeders, gifts and more for sale
* Delectable food and beverages available throughout the day
See a detailed schedule at http://arboretum.ucsc.edu/events/hummingbird-days updated often with new events and activities.
Thank you to sponsor Jane McKenzie, Financial Advisor with Protected Investors of America
New this year
In addition, a bird illustration workshop will be taught by Sophie Webb, accomplished ornithologist, field biologist, photographer and illustrator.
This class is designed for all levels of skill, and all levels of interest.
The last portion of the class may include sketching birds in the field. To register and get further information go to http://arboretum.ucsc.edu/events/hummingbird-days/bird-illustration-workshop/
Norrie’s Gift and Garden, open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. will feature event souvenirs, books, unique gifts and plants that attract hummingbirds as well as a wide array of drought tolerant plants found at the Arboretum, gardening guides, and beautiful jewelry, scarves, and home items.
Free for Arboretum members, UCSC students, and children under 17 and $10 for all others.