Learn how to engage the whole body, help reduce knee stress and prolong agility with hiking poles. Easy-to-learn techniques improve performance, endurance & confidence while exploring gorgeous parks. Discover which poles fit you best & how to strengthen core muscles which helps to preserve your joints! Variety of top quality Poles Provided.
This is a hiking class in Palo Corona Regional Park in Carmel. Join up and learn how to use poles optimally so you can:
- reduce knee stress on downhill
- achieve more power & endurance on uphill – improve performance & stability on a variety of terrain
- avoid hand/wrist/elbow/shoulder strain
- recruit more muscles while walking, which facilitates fat-burning & weight loss
- improve posture
- help prevent injury Multi-level training and drills (taught in a progressive format) provide plenty of opportunities to practice using poles (or rest & watch)
Top quality poles and gloves provided. You’ll be able to try different models to see what works best for your body, your goals and your “issues.”
Schedule of Class & Practice Hike: To see what we cover in a day, please access a sample of a daily curriculum at AdventureBuddies.net (click on the education page and scroll down to the bottom)
Medical/Physical considerations: This class is for all hikers from novice to advanced. Participant should be in moderately good physical shape, able to walk on uneven terrain and be comfortable with hiking 3 to 5 miles. People unsure about anything are encouraged to Call Instructor at (415) 699-3333 or email Seminar@AdventureBuddies.
To register: (831) 372-3196, ext 102
Check the POLES for Mobility website for additional classes here