Join Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District and the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society for a day of adventure, science, birding, hiking, and discovery! Play all day or just stay awhile! Learn about local birds, insects, and bats – their habitats and ecology.
At this FREE event you can:
- Learn to geocache and search the trails for bird-themed treasures
- Go on a winged-creatures discovery hike
- Search for things with colorful wings, and blossoms too!
- Experience hands-on science
- Meet birds, bats, and insects up close
- Explore your creative side with arts & crafts
Wingding Exhibitors include:
- NorCal Bats
- Mickaboo and Palomacy– Avian rescue organizations
- Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley
- California Native Plant Society
- San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory
- Wildlife Education and Rehabilitaion Center
- Native Bird Connections
- Many more …check back for updates!
Check back at this listing for updates on exhibitors and activities!
Bring a picnic or enjoy the delicious offerings from the onsite food truck.
Parking is free. Heavy rain cancels.
Sorry – No dogs allowed.
Wingding is located in the preserve parking lot on Skyline Boulevard located one mile south of the Skyline Blvd. (Highway 35) and Page Mill/Alpine Road intersection. After entering the Preserve, turn right and go to the farthest parking lot. Those traveling from I-280 on Page Mill Rd. should allow approximately 45 minutes travel time.