A great coast-side park with a historic Russian fort and an excellent visitor center.
This park is on the site of a Russian colony that ran a thriving trade from 1812 until 1841. The visitor center includes well-made exhibits that cover the history of the site form Native American use, through the Russian period, and into the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The historical colony site itself is accessible to the public, with occasional historical reinactments. There are also trails along the coast and down to the shore.