Trail Info & Highlights
• Unshaded paved loop with gravel shoulder for horses, almost totally flat.
• Wildlife viewing, horses and cattle grazing, raptors, songbirds.
• Portable toilets at parking lot, benches along the trail.
• Scenic views of hills, large open fields covered with annual grasses and valley oaks.
• Cattle utilized for land management; please leave gates as you find them and heed posted signs at trailhead.
• From parking lot, head for trailhead at mapboard.
• Follow paved trail to right and make a loop around big field.
Coyote Lake-Harvey Bear Ranch County Park
• Features a 635-acre lake, boat launch facilities and trails; provides the county’s only shoreline camping; for boating information, visit parkhere.org or call (408) 355-2200.
• Abundant hiking, biking and equestrian trails winding through oak studded canyons and on top of grassy ridge lines providing spectacular views of the South Santa Clara Valley.