Monday’s Bay Area nature news digest:
- Hives run out of room, bees swarm. Time to call your friendly, local beekeeper. [Contra Costa Times]
- Popular Tahoe ski resort fined $94k for dumping in the environment. [Associated Press]
- This is what the Berkeley Marina looks like with a cruise ship parked off-shore. [Berkeleyside]
- Marin says no to development along creeks, but residents still have questions. [Marin Independent Journal]
- Canal Community Garden opens in San Rafael. [Marin Independent Journal]
- California wants to allow bee-killing pesticide to be used for rice farming. [Associated Press]
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.