Happy Wednesday! Enjoy these Bay Area nature news items:
- “Unusual morbidity event” among sea lion pups this year. [Marin Independent Journal]
- Chevron readying to restart Richmond refinery after August fire. [Contra Costa Times]
- Could West Coast pot farming be driving some species to extinction? [Huffington Post]
- Statewide plastic bag ban moving ahead in Sacramento. [Marin Independent Journal]
- Protests against 101 Bypass in Willits becomes violent as police extract tree-sitters. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
More video on that stranded sea lion on Seal Rock by David Cruz/Natures Lantern.
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.