Time for a Tuesday news digest:
- Millbrae mulls bird-feeding ban to prevent airport bird strikes. [San Mateo Daily Journal]
- SF nonprofit to install cell phones in Amazon forests to track illegal logging. [Huffington Post]
- Californian voters favor banning or regulating fracking by 70 percent. [Huffington Post]
- One of Marin’s largest solar farms wins approval to go in at plant nursery, despite neighbors’ objections. [Marin Independent Journal]
- “World’s safest house” in Berkeley built to withstand any natural disaster, and modeled off microscopic organism. [Yahoo! News]
- New rules for cargo ships coming into SF Bay to prevent whale strikes. [KQED]
- Delta water could get saltier if twin tunnels are built. [Merced Sun-Star]
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.