Jack Laws says we pass fascinating natural hotspots every day on our way hither and yon. Try stopping between here and there now and then–you may discover biodiversity where you least expect it, just like he did at Brisbane Lagoon off Highway 101. View a larger version of the image.
From Bay Nature magazineApr-Jun 2011 Issue
Most Popular on the Web
- Richardson Bay Sea Otter, First in San Francisco Bay Since 2011, Dies
- What Could You Do With 13 Acres of Brand-New Parkland In San Francisco’s Presidio?
- Ride on the Wild Side: Exploring the East Bay Parks by Mountain Bike
- On a Now-Protected Ranch Above Tomales Bay, a Chance to ‘Give the Land What It Deserves’
- Killer Plant Pathogen Is Widespread at SFPUC’s Alameda County and Peninsula Restoration Sites
- The Randall Museum Closes for a Makeover, and the Animals Get a Big Adventure
July 9 @ 6:15 pm - August 27 @ 7:15 pm
July 14 @ 10:00 am - August 23 @ 4:00 pm
July 18 - July 31
July 31 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
July 31 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm