Alcatraz ranks right up there with riding the cable cars for most locals, but it turns out the island is a great place for watching birds! Jack hops on the ferry and chronicles the nesting behavior of snowy egrets, pigeon guillemots, Brandt’s cormorants, and western gulls.
From Bay Nature magazineJul-Sep 2011
Most Popular on the Web
- Richardson Bay Sea Otter, First in San Francisco Bay Since 2011, Dies
- What Could You Do With 13 Acres of Brand-New Parkland In San Francisco’s Presidio?
- Ask The Naturalist: Why Do Honeybees Clean Themselves?
- Ride on the Wild Side: Exploring the East Bay Parks by Mountain Bike
- On a Now-Protected Ranch Above Tomales Bay, a Chance to ‘Give the Land What It Deserves’
- Killer Plant Pathogen Is Widespread at SFPUC’s Alameda County and Peninsula Restoration Sites
July 9 @ 6:15 pm - August 27 @ 7:15 pm
July 14 @ 10:00 am - August 23 @ 4:00 pm
August 4 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
August 5 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
August 5 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm