Join us for a FREE festive day celebrating the past, present, and future of sharing the wonder of nature and science exploration in Santa Cruz County. You’ll connect with today’s local environmental leaders and partner organizations to learn and have fun just outside the Museum doors in Tyrrell Park.
Outside the Museum in Tyrrell Park
Free! Drop-by any time.
• Free admission to the Museum and outdoor activities
• Explore historical collections
• Create nature crafts
• Play games
• Food for sale from Areperia 831
• Connect with partner organizations, including:
• Women in Science and Engineering
• Santa Cruz Public Libraries
• Capitola Historical Museum
• Pigeon Point Station
• and more!
About Laura Hecox
The Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History’s Laura Hecox Day celebrates the pioneering lighthouse keeper and naturalist Laura Hecox, whose personal collections founded Santa Cruz’s first museum over 117 years ago. We honor her legacy by highlighting curiosity, amateur naturalists sharing their enthusiasm with others while spotlighting women and other under-represented groups working in science, and the inspiration found in helping connect our community with nature. Learn more about our Founder.