Submit your photos of the scenic coast and Pacific Ocean off California, people and the California coast, or California ocean and coastal wildlife to the 22nd Annual California Coastal & Ocean Amateur Photography Contest! Entry is free and open to the public.
Four contest winners will be announced. Online voters will pick one Viewers’ Choice winner, while Judges’ Choice winners will be selected for first through third place. Winners will select from the following donated prize packages:
– Four tickets for a San Diego whale watch cruise, courtesy of San Diego Whale Watch; and four tickets for a kayak or paddleboard wildlife tour of Mission Bay, courtesy of Aqua Adventures.
– Two tickets for a Santa Barbara whale watch cruise, courtesy of Condor Express; two tickets for a Morro Bay kayak tour, courtesy of Central Coast Outdoors; and two tickets for a winery tour, courtesy of Malibu Wine Hikes.
– Two tickets for a Moss Landing whale watch cruise, courtesy of Sea Goddess Whale Watching; one stand-up paddleboard lesson courtesy of 510 Waterline, Richmond; and one Tomales Bay double kayak adventure, courtesy of Blue Waters Kayaking.
– Two tickets for a Monterey whale watching cruise courtesy of Discovery Whale Watch; a stand up paddleboard or kayak rental, courtesy of SeaTrek Sausalito; a kayak rental courtesy of Stacked Adventures, Alameda; and two stand-up paddle board classes and rentals, courtesy of Mike’s Paddle, Alameda.
Summary of Guidelines:
– Images may be in color or black and white.
– Photographs must be taken from a public place.
– Plants and animals depicted should be native species in their natural setting.
– Photos of marine mammals must be taken at a distance of 50 yards away or more to avoid illegal disturbance or harassment.
– Up to five pictures may be submitted.
– Entrants must earn less than 50 percent of their income from photography.
– Photographers will be giving non-exclusive rights to their photo, with photographer credit.
Visit mycoastalphoto.com for details and how to enter. Submit photos from June 6th-July 17th, 2021, or visit and vote for your favorites by July 30, 2021.