Join fellow nature-lovers and Bay Area environmental leaders at the 13th annual Bay Nature Local Hero Awards. This event will take place in person at the David Brower Center in Berkeley on March 26th from 2-5 pm.
The Awards celebration and Bay Nature annual fundraiser will be held in the Brower Center’s beautiful auditorium, followed by an outdoor reception on the terrace.
- Doors to the auditorium open at 2:00 and the program starts at 2:15. You’ll hear from each of the heroes about their work and personal path and be able to support Bay Nature at a short but rousing Fund-A-Need.
- Program concludes at 3:30 for a reception of passed hors d’oeuvres catered by ACT Catering: a local, woman-owned business featuring organic, locally sourced ingredients, and vegan and gluten-free choices. Enjoy wine from Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant and Frey Vineyards and beer from Federation Brewing and Fieldwork Brewing Company. The event will end at 5 pm.
- Be ready for plenty of fun! Pre-event activities include a birding walk on UC Berkeley’s Campus, a private tour of the Essig Museum of Entomology, and a docent-led tour of the UC Botanical Garden. Please note that our pre-event offerings have limited space—register early to secure your spot!
Early bird tickets are $125 and available until February 23rd. Regular tickets are $175. Auditorium seating at the Brower Center is limited, so we encourage you to register now.
If you missed the fall announcement, this year’s extraordinary local heroes, selected from 75 nominations, are:
- Community Hero: Omar Gallardo, New Audiences Manager, LandPaths
- Environmental Educator: Blanca Olivia Hernández, Director of Programs & Partnerships, YES Nature to Neighborhoods
- Young Leader: Alexii Sigona, Youth Group Leader, Amah Mutsun Tribal Band
- Conservation Action: Stuart B. (Stu) Weiss, Chief scientist & Founder, Creekside Center for Earth Observation