#MuseumFromHome with Academy @ Home! Whether you’re searching for STEM activities for the kids or just want to keep tabs on your favorite Academy creatures, we’ve curated an eclectic array of science-centric games, videos, and DIY projects to help you stay learning and engaged, wherever you are.
- Science never stops! At 10 am on select mornings, the Academy Breakfast Club brings you discoveries, insights, and stories from around the world, spanning a wide range of subjects through live, informal presentations followed by Q&As with the viewing audience. Mark your calendars for upcoming livestreams, or watch past Breakfast Clubs here.
- Watch our African penguins frolic, swim, and nest on three live webcams. Native to the coasts of South Africa and Namibia, these flightless birds have an important conservation story to tell.
- View 3D scans of 700+ scientific specimens in the Academy’s collection, including skulls, shells, and baskets.
- See colors up-close! Magnify the surface of a leaf, feather, or shell, and a colorful landscape comes into view. Leaves reveal a textured terrain in shades of green, orange, and pink, while microscopic hairs shoot out like tiny spears. Patterns on a weevil’s body are composed of pixel-like opalescent scales.
- Explore photos from the 2020 California Academy of Sciences BigPicture Photography Competition.
- Tune in to Virtual Nightlife on May 14th at 7pm for science, art, and music in Cal Academy’s version of an online happy hour!
- Join Nightlife’s NightSchool livestream “A Virtual Tour of the Universe” on May 21st at 7pm: Dim the lights & recline your seat, ‘cause we’re bringing the dome to your home when Ryan Wyatt, Director of Morrison Planetarium, pilots you through the stars, answering your live questions & returning you safely to your living room in less than an hour.
- Plus more on calacademy.org/academy-at-home