Fall can be one of the most exciting times for birding at Point Reyes. Specific conditions and weather may cause a wide variety of migrant warblers, flycatchers and other land birds to rest and feed in trees near the Lighthouse, ranches and Drakes Beach. Migration can be especially fun at this time when many surprises and unusual birds have been discovered. Warblers may include common migrants like Townsend’s and Yellows, but also surprises from other parts of the continent. During this outing we will explore a wide variety of habitats to find these species, raptors, shorebirds and any other birds in the area.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines:
In accordance with Marin County guidelines for public health and safety, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants experiencing COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• Wear a protective face covering
• Maintain a 6 foot physical distance from other participants not belonging to your household
• Bring your own food and water
• Overall group sizes will be limited, there will be no physical contact or sharing of food and drink, and no shared physical equipment or materials unless they are sanitized before and after use, and used by only one person for the duration of class
• Participants will be asked to drive their own vehicle, or share a vehicle only with other household or social bubble members when travelling to field teaching locations
Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.