Come to the Coe Park Tarantula Fest and rub elbows (so to speak) with some of our fuzzy, friendly eight-legged guests of honor. The event has breathtaking views across the ridges and canyons of the backcountry.
- See live birds of prey and other local wildlife presented by the Wildlife Education and Rehabilitation Center (WERC)
- Tarantulas and other spiders on display
- Go on a leisurely hike with a volunteer to look for tarantulas in the wild
- Learn about some of the animals that live in Coe, hold a snake if you wish
- Go on a guided geocache hike to look for hidden treasures
- See the inside of a beehive and find out about these fascinating insects
- Find out what Coe Park geology has in common with candy
- Make a tarantula memento at the craft table
- If available, visit with firefighters and maybe sit inside a fire engine
- Listen to music by the Coe Park Jug Band while you enjoy lunch
Click here for more information.