Do the ghosts of doomed sailors haunt Point Reyes’ treacherous shores? We’ll pay our respects at a historic cemetery and travel out to the sites of myriad maritime tragedies, seeking personal connection to long lost ships and those who wait to tell their stories from the bottom of the sea. We will be driving to various locations in the park with small walks when we reach our destinations. Please arrive with a full tank of gas and be willing to carpool with other participants as we are in a National Park. We will meet at the Bear Valley Picnic Area near the bathrooms in the large gravel lot.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines:
In accordance with Marin County guidelines for public health and safety, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
• Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
• Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
• Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants experiencing COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
During class all participants will be required to do the following
• Wear a protective face covering
• Maintain a 6 foot physical distance from other participants not belonging to your household
• Bring your own food and water
• Overall group sizes will be limited, there will be no physical contact or sharing of food and drink, and no shared physical equipment or materials unless they are sanitized before and after use, and used by only one person for the duration of class
• Participants will be asked to drive their own vehicle, or share a vehicle only with other household or social bubble members when travelling to field teaching locations
Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.