The inaugural Grounded Summit will bring together environmental change agents, impact-minded investors, policymakers, scientists and mindfulness experts for a two-day immersive opportunity for shared learning, collaboration and inspired action.
Hosted by Julia Jackson, environmentalist and second-generation proprietor for Jackson Family Wines, Grounded will feature solutions-oriented panel discussions and keynote speakers. Topics that will be explored include The Science of Wildfires, Climate Change & Innovation, The Future of Food Systems, Lessons from Indigenous Peoples and much more.
Throughout the two-day event, participants will hear from an array of climate action pioneers including:
- Paul Hawken, Author and Founder of Project Drawdown
- Former President of Iceland Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, renewable energy trailblazer who oversaw Iceland’s transition to utilizing 85% supply of national renewable power
- Nemonte Nenquimo, Founding member of the Ceibo Alliance, working to defend indigenous people’s rights
- Lawrence Bloom, Secretary General of the Be Earth Foundation, a UN Intergovernmental Organization
- Dr. Paul Hessburg Sr., award-winning research ecologist specializing in educating the public on megafires
- Marta Kephart, Co-Founder Rana Creek, an ecological design firm
Set at an exclusive Sonoma estate, Grounded will also treat guests to networking opportunities including a welcome reception with wines from the Jackson Family Wines portfolio, live musical performances, and meals prepared by Grounded guest chef Søren Westh, former sous of the four times awarded World Best Restaurant, NOMA in Copenhagen, and founder of the sustainable food initiatives Nordic Food Lab and Enspire and creative director of the new sustainable food experience .506.
To register go here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/grounded-summit-2019-tickets-53112198014