Earth Stewards is a 16 week long high school afterschool program led by Grassroots Ecology that meets on Friday afternoons from 4-5:30 pm at McClellan Ranch Preserve. Throughout the program participants will:
- Assist in ongoing ecological restoration efforts on the preserve (pulling weeds, planting native plants, watering)
- Learn various environmental topics as well identify flora and fauna on the preserve
- Collect environmental data through surveying and vegetation monitoring
- Learn about college and career options in the environmental field
- Connect with youth from other schools.
Requirements: Earth Stewards is open to high school age youth only.
Grassroots Ecology encourages folks from all identities and backgrounds to participate in our programs. Many of our programs are outdoors and involve traversing over varied terrains. If you have accessibility concerns (i.e., allergies, limited mobility, learning differences), our projects are flexible and we are happy to work with you. Please reach out to the workday facilitator so we can prepare for your participation.
Accessibility concerns? Questions? Cancellations? Email firstname.lastname@example.org