About this event
It’s that time of year again… The Perseids Meteor Shower is headed our way!
Reserve your parking spot to join us for a family-friendly meteor shower viewing event at the North Coyote Valley Conservation Area! The Perseids Meteor Shower is one of the best meteor showers that can be seen from the Santa Clara Valley, with the potential to see up to 90 meteors an hour with 10-15 large and dramatic ones. These meteors emerge from the constellation Perseus and streak across the sky in stunning displays.
Tickets are for your parking space. You may bring as many people as you can safely fit within your vehicle (Please – NO buses or RVs). Bring water to drink, snacks, a blanket, beach or camp chairs to sit in, a flashlight, and warm clothing for the late hours of the evening. There will be porta potties available, but no water refill stations or other amenities.
Please see the following rules:
- Please arrive between 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Gates will be closed at 9:00 p.m. to ensure a pleasant viewing experience for all. The event ends at midnight, but you may leave any time before then.
- Please leave your pets at home! In order to protect the natural resources and wildlife that make this preserve their home, pets are not allowed. Service animals are permitted.
- No alcohol, smoking of any kind, or BBQs/open flames.
- No laser pointers. Flashlights are ok.
- We ask that all visitors pack out their own trash. No trash cans available.
- If you need special ADA accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
- The ticket is for your parking spot, NOT by the person. Please do not reserve more than one space if you do not plan to bring more than one vehicle.
We are looking forward to a peaceful evening out under the stars with you and your family. Although the Perseids Meteor Shower lasts several days, Thursday night is the peak time for viewing!