A science-based course for curious adult learners who have some birding experience.
An overview of what makes birds unique, including feathers and flight; how birds breathe and how they produce song; their amazing hearts and circulatory system; how they feed, digest, and excrete; how they reproduce and raise their young; how they migrate and navigate. We will look at some comparison and contrasts to mammals, and we will explore resources for continued learning.
- Six Tuesday evening classes by Zoom, October 6, 13, 20, 27; November 3 and 10, 7 to 9 pm.
- Instructor: Maureen Lahiff
- Limited to 50 participants
- $75 for GGAS members, $110 for non-members
- Please click here to register.
- Registration opens in September 1st at 10 am. Once the class is full, you may register to be on a waiting list.