About this Event
Departing from the parking lot at Schooner Bay on Drakes Estero, surrounded by acres of verdant coastal farmland, we’ll glide by the mudflats and through the eelgrass of this inspiring wilderness estuary. You’ll have the chance to see harbor seals, bat rays, leopard sharks, and many bird species such as osprey, geese, white pelicans, loons, grebes, shorebirds and a variety of hawks including Northern Harriers, Osprey, and Red Tails.
We welcome experienced and adventurous first time kayakers alike to join us on this beautiful paddle.
Drake’s Estero is closed to kayaking for seal protection every year from March 1 to June 30.
Thank you to our partners at Blue Waters Kayaking for guiding this trip.
-We will be meeting at the kayak launch/parking lot of Drakes Estero
- The location where Drake’s Bay Oyster Company was operated. You will see a brown sign for “Drakes Estero” on the left side of the road when coming from Point Reyes. Detailed directions will be provided by email.
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in , 8:45
– Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date, after 7 days and before 2 days, participants can credit their class for a future date. All requests before 48 hours in advance will be declined. For COVID cancellation policy, see below.
– Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
– Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
– Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
– Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
– Waitlists are available when the class sells out
What to Bring:
Fleece, Wool, or Poly Material Clothing
Shoes that can get wet
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x304 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Field Institute Guidelines
In accordance with Marin County guidelines for public health and safety, we will require all participants to respect the following COVID-19 procedures:
Perform a health self-check before coming to class using the CDC Symptoms of Coronavirus as a guide
Do not attend class if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, suspect you have been exposed to the virus, or are suffering from any other flu-like or respiratory illness.
Participants exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be asked to leave class
NOTE: Refund policy exceptions will be made for participants cancelling last minute due to COVID-19 infection or symptoms. Please contact us in this case.
During class all participants will be required to do the following
Wear a protective face covering
Maintain a 6 foot physical distance from other participants not belonging to your household
Bring your own food and water
Current group sizes are limited, there will be no physical contact or sharing of food and drink, and no shared physical equipment or materials unless they are sanitized before and after use, and used by only one person for the duration of class
Thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to help keep everyone safe.