Discover and celebrate nature on lower Codornices Creek, on the Berkeley-Albany border, 10 AM – 12:30 PM Sat., Aug. 7. Volunteers including Friends of Five Creeks have worked for more than 25 years to revitalize this creek, the two cities’ only trout stream.
Your choice of activities:
- Stroll the restored creek on your own, or take an easy guided walk focused on local history and nature.
- Hunt bugs with Eddie Dunbar of the California Insect Museum.
- Learn about amphibians and reptiles with Audra Barra and some of her Things that Creep.
- Discover how to use free and easy cell-phone apps to identify plants and animals.
- Observe, magnify, and photograph “tiny things” in nature.
We’ll end with snacks and sharing adventures! All ages welcome, but some activities are not suited to very young and active children.
Where to Meet: Log seating across from 1101 Eighth Street, Berkeley.