Please join us for One Tam Virtual Summit on Climate: Change and Resilience happening in October, and learn more about our work to protect the Mt. Tam region in the face of climate change.
The One Tam Summit is a popular biannual program that brings together One Tam partner staff, scientists, community members, students, and supporters, and we hope you’ll join us too! This year, our theme is Climate: Change and Resilience. We’ll explore a range of topics including climate change impacts in Marin County, the work of One Tam and others to address them, intersections with public health and equity, the 2020 fire season that is deeply affecting the Bay Area, and more.
We’ll be launching a new format this year with five online sessions, one session every Thursday morning in October, 9am-12pm. The weekly session topics include:
• October 1: Setting the Stage: Marin’s Ecological and Social Climate
• October 8: Resilient Forests
• October 15: Changing Shorelines
• October 22: Resilient Species
• October 29: Local Solutions
We are also offering several additional opportunities to go deeper on the themes presented in the Summit. These include:
• Special live session: Climate Change and Parks Q&A
• Special live session: Environmental Allies: A Conversation about Equity (
• Resource library: Links to media, articles, recordings, and papers related to each day of the Summit
All of this plus the preliminary program is available on www.onetam.org/summit – check back often for updates!