The Sugarloaf Ridge State Park Hiking for Fitness Series is back! Join us for the 8-week Beginner Hiking for Fitness Program. The program leaders will guide you on a series of weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Before the first hike, the leader will discuss proper shoes, hydration, incorporating hiking poles, proper pacing, etc. The group’s final hike aims for the long route up Vista Trail, where hikers can enjoy the beautiful vistas.
The hiking series costs $80, or free-of-cost for hikers with a 2022 ParkRx from a Sonoma County Medical Provider. Click here for ParkRx info.
Please have your ParkRx available at the time of sign-up, as the number of ParkRx tickets is limited.
The tentative routes are as follows:
1) Sat 5/7 — White Barn to Uranus, 2.2 miles, 80 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
2) Sat 5/14 — Meadow-Hillside loop starting and ending at campground, 3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
3) Sat 5/21 — Spring Lake-Lake Ralphine loop 4.3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet at Annadel’s Cobblestone trailhead parking lot. The nearest address is 6024 Channel Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95409]
4) Sat 5/28 — Stern, Pony Gate and Canyon, 3 miles, 500 ft elev [meet @ main lot]
5) Sat 6/4 — Sonoma Valley Regional Park, 3.1 miles, 502 ft elev [meet @ at the Sonoma Creek bridge on Arnold Dr]
6) Sat 6/11 — Vista Trail loop (clockwise), 3.6 miles, 700 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
7) Sat 6/18 — Neptune picnic table, 4.3 miles, 640 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
8) Sat 6/25 — Hillside + Vista Trail loop (counter-clockwise), 4.7 miles, 1000 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
Wear appropriate footwear for muddy or slippery trails and layers, as the group hikes in light rains. Bring water, and if desired, a snack. The group will be limited to 35 participants. Parking fees apply.