Writing about Birds is a small online seminar for people who want to write short feature articles about birds. Participants must be comfortable sharing their work with others since much of our class time will be spent workshopping pieces. Each week we’ll look at what everyone has been working on, and we’ll explore ways to make these pieces better. Topics that we’ll address include Find your Voice—writing that sounds like you; The Big Picture—how to give your writing shape; Looking under the Hood—how to give your sentences shape; and Details, Details—how to inject some style into your prose. By the end of the 5-week class, you should have finished an article that you can submit to a local publication: a newspaper or newsletter, The Gull, Bay Nature, or the GGAS blog. Enrollment is limited to six students.
- Five Thursday evening classes by Zoom, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; November 5, 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
- Instructor: Eric Schroeder, Lecturer Emeritus, UC Davis Writing Program
- Limited to 7 participants
- $50 for GGAS members, $85 for non-members
- Registration opens on September 1st at 12 noon. Once the class is full, you may register to be on a waiting list.
- Please click here to register.