Bay Nature offers several opportunities for you to access a large and growing number of nature-oriented residents of the Bay Area while at the same time supporting the organization’s important work.
Bay Nature’s EXPLORE
The EXPLORE section of Bay Nature magazine showcases the lands and stories important to our partners and that help readers get out and engage with the Bay Area’s incredible natural world. These stories are sponsored by our partners and co-created with Bay Nature’s editorial staff. All sponsored EXPLORE content is clearly marked as paid for, and the stories meet multiple needs:
- Help readers discover the public and private lands around them.
- Support regional agencies and organizations by raising awareness, connection, and excitement about parks, open space, and activities that people can enjoy.
- Ensure Bay Nature can continue to produce top-notch stories.
Recent examples of sponsored content that Bay Nature has published:
- With Sempervirens Fund: A 21st Century Gateway to Castle Rock State Park (Summer 2019)
- With MTC: Walking the Entire Bay (Summer 2019)
- With Save the Redwoods League: The McApin Tree (July-Sept 2018)
- With the East Bay Regional Park District: Thirty-Two Miles in the East Bay Hills (Spring 2019), Discover Huckleberry Park’s Blooms (Apr-Jun 2018), Birding by Kayak at Big Break (Jan-Mar 2018), Hiking with Dad – A daughter helps her father explore the accessibility of East Bay parks (Oct-Dec 2017)
- With Sonoma Land Trust: Wildlife Travel by Corridor (Apr-Jun 2018)
- With Tamalpais Lands Collaborative: A Mountain of Stories (with pullout map) (Oct-Dec 2017)
If you are interested in working with us on a sponsored EXPLORE story, please contact executive director and publisher Regina Starr Ridley: firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-528-8550 x 101
Local Hero Awards Dinner
Each year, Bay Nature honors the contributions of a conservation activist, an environmental educator, a citizen activist, and an up-and-coming young conservationist at our annual gala dinner. Event sponsors are acknowledged in publicity leading up to the event, as well as at the event, in the magazine and on the website. Find out more about levels and benefits of sponsorship, or see the sponsors of our 2019 event.