Eastshore park renamed, Taylor Mountain and an edible schoolyard
The renamed McLaughlin Eastshore State Park in Berkeley. Photo by Ingrid Taylar/Flickr.
Get your Wednesday news digest right here:
- “McLaughlin” added to Eastshore State Park in Berkeley to honor Save the Bay co-founder Sylvia McLaughlin. [Oakland Tribune]
- Sonoma County board approves park plan for Taylor Mountain overlooking Santa Rosa. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Alice Waters helps break ground on her newest edible schoolyard in Sacramento. [Sacramento Bee]
- Will Delta water eventually be used for oil and gas “fracking” in Kern County? [Public Water News Service]
- The San Francisco parks department is felling 58 trees in Glen Canyon this fall, prompting outrage from locals over the power of the “native plant lobby.” [SF Weekly]