Cougar cubs, oysters and weather stations
Happy rainy Wednesday nature news.
- Widespread criticism over Cal Fish & Game decision to shoot cougar cubs hiding out at Half Moon Bay house. [Bay Area News Group]
- Owner of Drakes Bay oysters says he will fight fed’s decision to terminate his lease at Drakes Bay. [Marin Independent Journal]
- California water department is installing four weather stations to detect incoming “atmospheric rivers” and how much moisture is coming. [Association of California Water Agencies]
- State orders PetSmart to stop selling unregistered pesticide products, PetSmart keeps selling them anyway. [California Watch]
- Sonoma County approves 10,000 case winery, despite concerns over impacts to salmon and steelhead at Mark West Creek. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Birds see BART’s construction site along San Jose extension a great place to nest, but agency is not tolerant. [San Jose Mercury News]