Time for today’s Bay Area nature news digest:
- Are landowners required to provide public access to a beach? Martin’s Beach debate in San Mateo County goes to court. [Associated Press]
- Republican congressmen draft bill to keep Drakes oysters open another decade. [Point Reyes Light]
- Oakland’s parks get thumbs down for maintenance. [Oakland Local]
- Labor, enviro groups join forces to oppose changes to California CEQA law. [Associated Press]
- Getting around Devil’s Slide is about to get easier with opening of new tunnels on March 25. [San Jose Mercury News]
- CA state lawmakers wants to ban fracking if state fails to release independent report on health and environmental impacts. [Huffington Post]
- Have Marin’s protected lands helped keep population growth at bay? [Marin Independent Journal]
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.