Happy Tax Day! Take a coffee break with Bay Area nature news:
- Marin adds $5.2 million to county parks budget thanks to voter referendum last fall. [Marin Independent Journal]
- What’s the cheapest, most ecologically sensitive way to protect Marin from sea level rise? [Marin Independent Journal]
- Citizen science effort to track Sudden Oak Death in Bay Area. [San Jose Mercury News]
- Marin’s Alpine Club turns 100. [Marin Independent Journal]
- Community Supported Agriculture, CSAs, exist as an unregulated market in CA. Should there be some ground rules? [San Mateo Daily Journal]
- SF mulls creation of urban agriculture czar to streamline establishment of new farms, gardens. [San Francisco Examiner]
- Annadel State Park officials try to tamp down on use of “outlaw” trails. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Chevron admis safety oversights, poor record keeping led to massive refinery blaze last summer. [Contra Costa Times]
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.