Time for your Monday nature news digest:
- Three hundred-plus- year-old oak tree outside Jack London’s former cottage in Glen Ellen to be felled because of fungus. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- Pacific herring fishermen want right to fish in waters that abut GGNRA land. [SF Examiner]
- SoCal water diverters seek greater control of planning/design of new $14 billion Delta tunnel project. [Sacramento Bee]
- Mendocino loggers want to disturb habitat for endangered species in exchange for improving conservation measures. [Santa Rosa Press Democrat]
- San Franciscans may be drinking local source of water one day, under city’s water utility plan. [SF Examiner]
- Marin enviro coalition calls for limits in size of new homes, ban on big box stores and no new trails. [Marin Independent Journal]
Most recent in News Digest
For Bay Nature, 2013 brought environmental news, features and photography celebrating and capturing not only nature's beauty but its resiliency and vulnerability. Take a look at the year gone by in stunning nature photographs.
News Digest | Stewardship
The Bay Area has had its share of interesting environmental stories in 2012. Here's our pick of some of our favorites.