Trail Info & Highlights
• Paved trail with unpaved shoulder for equestrians throughout most of trail.
• Restrooms, water fountains, and picnic tables at trailhead.
• Walnut (mile 0.5), Eucalyptus (mile 3.3), and Sycamore (mile 5.0) Rest Areas with shade and picnic tables.
• Enjoy sounds of Coyote Creek flowing by on way to San Francisco Bay; watch for wildlife and listen for songs of abundant birds.
• Observe model aircraft flying above while traveling past the Model Aircraft Skypark.
• Look for waterfowl and shore birds around multiple ponds created from abandoned quarry.
• Start at new Visitor Center and go north on paved trail (equestrians use shoulder).
• Cross bridge over creek, staying to left as you exit bridge on the other side.
• Continue north about 3 miles and cross a second bridge over Coyote Creek.
• Meander through sycamore trees, carefully cross Riverside Drive and continue to Sycamore Rest Area.
• Return via same route.
• Feel free to shorten or lengthen your adventure — any distance will count.
Coyote Creek Parkway
• Parkway’s multiple use trail offers recreational opportunities for equestrians, bicyclists, skaters, bladers and hikers.
• New parking areas, restrooms and visitor center at trailhead.