Trail Info & Highlights
• Flat, dirt trail through valley with no significant shade cover.
• Picnic tables, water fountain, restrooms near trailhead; interpretive signs on trail.
• Horse facilities with corral, water troughs and hitching post at trailhead.
• Abundant wildlife and waterfowl within creek, grassland and wooded habitats.
• Across valley see a permanent wetland and historic Snell Barn, once used by Joseph D. Grant for farming and hay operations.
• Cattle utilized for land management; please leave gates as you find them and heed posted signs at trailhead.
• At east end of parking lot go through green gate, take short access trail to Hotel Trail.
• Turn right on Hotel Trail, go 1.4 miles.
• Turn right on Corral Trail for short distance, then right on Lower Hotel Trail for 0.6 miles.
• Veer left onto Barn Trail and across bridge, go 0.3 miles to Snell Trail.
• Follow Snell Trail to right 0.3 miles back to parking area.
Joseph D. Grant County Park
• Largest of Santa Clara County’s regional park system, nearly 10,000 acres with rich diversity of natural, cultural, historic and recreational assets.
• Offers 40 miles of hiking, biking, equestrian trails.
• Family, group and equestrian camp sites, historic ranch buildings and rose garden.