Below are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about subscribing to Bay Nature magazine.For further assistance, please contact our customer service department (M-Th 5:30 am–2:30 pm PT; F 5:30 am–2:00 pm PT) at 888-4-BAYNAT (888-422-9628) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I purchase a subscription?
- Go to the Bay Nature main product page.
- Choose the product you wish to purchase: a print edition or our digital-only edition, or the print/digital bundle.
- Hit “purchase product” button. You’ll be taken to the cart page, where you can double-check your order and add any discount coupons you might have. Once you’ve finished your purchase, hit the “proceed to checkout” button.
- When you’ve arrived at the checkout page, enter your name, address, and email address. If you already have an account, log in at the top of this page.
- For a digital subscription or digital/print bundle: On the checkout page, create an account by entering a multi-character account password (or a password phrase you’ll easily remember) at the prompt.
- You *must* create an account to access your digital edition.
- Creating an account is optional for print-only subscribers, but it will save your contact info and orders for easy referral.
If you’d like to order a subscription by mail, please send your name, address, and payment to:
Bay Nature Magazine
PO Box 292080
Kettering, OH 45429
I just purchased a digital subscription or a digital/print bundle. How do I access it?
- Once you’ve made a purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to login to your new account and access your new digital subscription.
- Log into your account here: https://baynature.org/my-account/. Then click on the “My Digital Subscription” link at the top of your account page. The latest issue will appear, along with our digital archive dating back to the Fall 2018 issue. Click on the text link for the issue you want to read to open your new digital issue.
When can I read the first digital issue in my subscription?
You can access your digital issue during the month in which it appears: January, April, July, and October. If you purchase your digital edition in early June, for example, you will be able to access your July edition at the beginning of July. In the meantime, you’ll be able to access the current issue and back issues dating back to Fall 2018.
How do I navigate my new digital edition?
To start reading your digital edition, mouse over the issue cover image and click on the forward arrow that appears on the right. To expand the text or image size, click the “+” sign on the bottom toolbar. To set the edition to full screen, click on the rectangle in the bottom right corner of the toolbar. On mobile, click the rectangle in the center of the cover image.
I’m still unable to read my digital edition. Now what?
Please contact our marketing director Beth at email@example.com with the subject header “Digital Edition Question” and a description of your problem. She’ll get an answer to your question as promptly as possible.
For all other circulation questions, contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 888-4-BAYNAT (888-422-9628) Hours: M-Th 5:30 am–2:30 pm or F 5:30 am–2:00 pm Pacific Time.
Can I give a digital gift subscription?
Not at the current time. You can get the latest updates on our products by signing up for our newsletter.
Will I still be able to view my past issues online once a new issue appears?
Digital subscribers will have access to our complete digital edition archive for the length of their subscription.
Which local retailers carry the print magazine?
Bay Nature magazine can be found at retailers throughout the Bay Area, including bookstores like Barnes & Noble and Copperfields, supermarkets like Whole Foods and Molly Stone’s, and park visitors centers. Please click here for a complete list of local retailers.
I’ve logged out of my Bay Nature account. How do I log back in to access my digital edition?
You can login again clicking on the “My Account” link at the bottom of the website. Use the email address and password you entered at checkout to access your digital magazine. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 510-528-8550 x107.
How often do you publish an issue?
We publish four times a year, in January, April, July, and October.
I just subscribed. When will I receive my first issue? If you subscribe by the 10th of the month prior to publication, you’ll get your first issue within several weeks after we publish. If you miss the first deadline, you can still subscribe up to six weeks after publication and still get that season’s issue around week 8, when we print a supplemental mailing of the issue.
It’s been several months since I subscribed and I still haven’t received my print issue.
Please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 888-422-9628. Our representatives will help you find out when to expect your issue, or send you a replacement copy if needed.
I need to cancel my subscription. Will I get a refund?
Yes, we will send you a refund for any unserved issues.
What kind of payment information is stored when I set up an account? Is it secure?
When you purchase a subscription, or any product on our store, your card holder information is immediately transferred to our payment processor Authorize.net, where it is stored in an encrypted and private server environment. Although Baynature.org is a secure site, we do not store our customers’ payment information.