Each year, Bay Nature honors three Bay Area based conservation leaders for their outstanding contributions to the people and the natural world of our region. The most recent Annual Awards Dinner took place on March 26, 2017.
Local Hero Award winners:
- Environmental Education: Rebecca Johnson & Alison Young, California Academy of Sciences Citizen Science Program
- Conservation Action: David Lewis, Save The Bay
- Youth Engagement: Uriel Hernandez, Canopy
See more about the 2017 winners here.
- Environmental Education: Allen Fish, Director, Golden Gate Raptor Observatory
- Conservation Action: Andrea Mackenzie, General Manager, Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority
- Youth Engagement: Naftali Moed, Student Leader, UC Davis/ Putah Creek Council
- Bay Nature Hero Award: Malcolm Margolin, Heyday Books
See more about the 2016 winners here.
- Environmental Education: Julia Clothier, Education Center Director, Point Reyes National Seashore Association
- Conservation Action: Ralph Benson, Executive Director (now retired) Sonoma Land Trust
- Youth Engagement: Javier Ochoa Reyes, Project Coordinator, Groundwork Richmond
See more about the 2015 winners here.
- Environmental Education: Liam O’Brien, Lepidopterist/Activist/Illustrator
- Conservation Action: Craig Anderson, Executive Director, LandPaths
- Youth Engagement: Cheyanna Washburn, Youth Programs Assistant, John Muir National Historic Site
- Environmental Education: Mia Monroe, Ranger/Site Supervisor, Golden Gate National Parks
- Conservation Action: Seth Adams, Director of Land Programs, Save Mount Diablo
- Youth Engagement: Cindy Moreno, Garden-Based Educator, Full Circle Farm
- Conservation Action: Ellie Cohen, President & CEO of PRBO Conservation Science
- Environmental Education: Robin Grossinger, Director & Senior Scientist of the Historical Ecology Program, San Francisco Estuary Institute
- Youth Engagement: Sean FitzHoward, Founder, Protect the Bay Club, Lowell High School